Written by Scott
So after a bit of reading on how twig works I've started diving in and making some modifications for the theme I created in Part 1 of this series of posts. You're basically going to be seeing my build process for a new website, which I have no problem sharing because I'd love if something I do helps someone struggling with something similar.
So the first point to check off was to get a header working. I had a static page I had been working up for my new personal website that I've decided to use as my test bed for this process. This is going to be an interesting challenge because I'd planned to have a landing page which is separate from the normal homepage. Let's see how that works out but I've got a plan in case it doesn't go the way I think.
So here's the static version I was aiming to port over.
And here's the same code section incorporated into Grav.
I'm not showing any screenshots of the end result just yet, not ready to show anything off at this stage. So far so good though. Time to start working on the actual content section and see what kind of magic can happen there with different templates!
Bye for now. Scott.