Time to start thinking about packing. My dry run a couple of weeks ago resulted in me using about 10kg of my 30kg allocation from Singapore Airlines. Plenty of space for taking a few more items of clothing and leave room to bring souvenirs back.
I’ve been starting to look at some of the forecasts for places I’m going to be in Switzerland for the first few days. So far it is going to be incredibly close to the temperatures I am leaving. Lows of 8-10 and highs of 16-22 for areas I’ll be in for the first five days. The first day has some storms forecast for Zurich but also only expecting 5mm so it might just be a fast passing front.
I mentioned in my 10 days to go post that I have already spent 5 figures on this trip, that wasn’t entirely true as my spreadsheet with costings had a column pre-allocating expenses for daily food/drink intake. I’ve pre-budgeted $100 per day, while I don’t think I’ll be spending quite that much every single day it did eat a fair bit into the overall cost in the total tally I mentioned. That’s not to say it won’t end up costing that much because it absolutely will by the end of it. I’m not expecting to get any change out of $15,000 by the time I land in Melbourne on the 16th of June.
Coming back to packing, I’m working on my check list of things I need to pack, along with what is coming with me in carry on and what can stay in my suitcase. So far I have thought of the following:
Backpack (Carry on):
- Travel booklet (all of my pre-booked tickets and hotel info)
- Nikon DSLR
- Lite soap bag (in case I feel like I need to freshen up a bit in Singapore)
- USBC charging cable
- Noise cancelling headphones
Suitcase (Checked Baggage):
- 10x Socks
- 10x Underwear
- 4x Pants
- 2x Light Jackets
- 1x Medium waterproof jacket
- 2x Shorts
- 5x Shirts
- 2x Dress shirts (never know when you’re going to be going somewhere a bit more upmarket)
- Hiking boots
- Soap bag
- Travel power adapter (with European, UK and Asia converters)
- External HDD (to backup all my photos across my laptop and camera SD cards and an external drive)
- DJI Pocket 2 handheld camera
- Travel tripod
- Travel Umbrella
That’s all I can think of right now, I’m sure there’ll be more. The countdown is well and truly on!